Séminaires

 

 

John Reynolds, Systems Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute

September 22 2014, 11h   Salle de réunion du LPP, H432

Attentional modulation of neuronal response gain and variability in alert monkey. New optogenetic techniques.

For the past forty five years, research on the neural mechanisms underlying attention has focused primarily on modulation of neurons' mean firing rates. Recently attention has also been found to reduce neuronal response variability (Mitchell, Sundberg & Reynolds, 2007; Mitchell, Sundberg & Reynolds, 2009; Cohen & Maunsell, 2009). We estimate that 80% of the benefit of attention is attributable to this newly discovered form of attentional modulation, with the remaining 20% attributable to changes in mean firing rate. I will describe efforts underway in my laboratory to understand these two forms of attentional modulation and will propose a unified explanation for both phenomena, which incorporate primate optogenetics, neurophysiology and computational modeling.

----------
 

Pascal Barone, Centre de Recherche Cerveau & Cognition, CNRS & Université Toulouse Paul Sabatier

October 6 2014, 11h   Salle de réunion du LPP, H432

----------
 

Lisa Feigenson, Johns Hopkins University

October 13 2014, 11h   Salle de réunion du LPP, H432

----------
 

Ildiko Kiraly, Eötvös Loránd University

November 3 2014, 11h   Salle de réunion du LPP, H432

----------
   
----------